We all love sitting with the family on Brighton beach. It’s safe, it’s clean and it’s so much fun. But take care, at times it gets a lot hotter than you might think and before you know it, it’s lobster time!
With the massive bank holiday approaching and loads of people visiting the city – some with families, others with stag and hen parties – it’s time for some expert sun protection advice.
Follow these simple guidelines and you’ll go home happy and rested, not battered and knackered!
• Avoid the midday sun
• Cover up: we all like a tan, but it’s more important to protect your skin. Wear caps and hats and lightweight clothing.
• Find out your skin type, some people need more protection than others. Consider how much protection you should have, and investigate UVB/UVA rays – the sun emits both.
• Use creams to protect your skin: Apply before you go out, not afterwards and check they are in date, then re-apply throughout the day.
• Children have especially sensitive skin so keep an eye on your youngsters. If in doubt, give them a break under a parasol between 11am and 3pm when the sun is at its strongest.
• In fact, give yourself a break during these hours, too. If Brighton’s recent weather is anything to go by, you’ll still have plenty of time to tan.
Excellent general sun care advice is available here: http://tinyurl.com/39629ml
Specialist advice for protecting children, here: http://tinyurl.com/37cav45Share on Facebook