There are some ways you shouldn’t try to conserve money. Paying a little bit more for a hotel which treats you well or an incredible meal is worth it. You can’t really relax on a hard bed. Let’s face it though, we are all feeling the pinch a little bit. Here are some tips to make your Brighton trip fun and easy on the purse.
- A picnic is romantic and cost effective. Head over to Waitrose and get some gourmet cold platters. Until August 19th, they are offering a special deal which offers shoppers a free beach blanket after buying 4 picnic products. If you like Marks and Spencers, you can get 2 cold salads for 5 pounds. Try the soybeans with chili for a light, healthy side dish.
- Don’t feel the need to plan your holiday to Brighton down to a T. Some of the most lovely moments are spend just wasting time with your loved one, going on rides, staring at the ocean or walking hand in hand. Wasting time window shopping in the North Laines also recommended.
3. Check out the lunch specials. Many places in Brighton offer mid-week lunch offers and special deals around lunch time. Most of the popular restaurant chains have a branch in Brighton and often have special deals. Additionally, on Sundays La Tasca offers unlimited tapas for a tenner each. Wow!
4. A bus tour is wonderful but not necessary. Brighton is a small city and a fantastic walking city. You do not need to invest in a sightseeing bus tour to get a sense of the action. If you are looking to go further afield, buy a SuperSaver or Saver bus pass and travel around Brighton to the surrounding areas. The lovely town of Lewes is small but worth a visit as is nearby Eastbourne. Note: Brighton is really the cosmopolitan heart of the South East so a journey out will be more for scenic value.
5. One of the best things about Brighton is that the clubs don’t usually charge a cover charge. You can avoid any extra costs by heading out earlier. I recommend catching some free entertainment at the Queens Arms in Kemptown where they do cabaret shows on the weekend.
6. Book your train fares in advance. Through a loophole in the system, it is possible to score tickets between London and Brighton for 3-5 per way. Check out Southern’s website for more details.
Your trip to Brighton need not be expensive at all. Come mid-week, book in advance, look for meal specials, go out clubbing earlier and have your hard earned dosh for important things like your hotel. After all, you’ve come to Brighton to lay back and enjoy the change of scenery. Scenery is priceless.Share on Facebook